If you love African Print earrings but feel unsure on how to wear them, you have come to the right place.
Let me dispel a few myths or common misconceptions that I have heard over the years.
True or False ?
- African Print Earrings can only be worn in warmer months
- False- You can wear them all year long. You can incorporate them even in your Fall and Winter wardrobe.
- African Print Earrings colours are too bright for me
- Both-There are some very bright and bold print out there even for someone one like me. However, you are bound to find colours that will work for you, your comfort level and your skin tone.
- African Print Earrings needs to be worn with the matching set at all time.
- False- All I have to say is that you do not have to buy an entire set, unless if the items are sold as one. You also do not have to wear the entire set all at once. It is fine to wear the earrings, the necklaces or the bangles separately. Feel free to mix and match material colour according to your own taste. For example, you can wear the Print earrings with your gold or silver necklaces or without a necklace. You can even do the same while wearing your African Print Necklaces with Gold/Silver or any color type of earrings. I am a firm believer of less is more but to each their own :)My personal style my not be your cup of tea and vice versa.
- African Print Earring design are too bold for me
- False-You just have not seen the prints that you like .There are millions of print out there from the super bright to monochrome muted colours. Furthermore, you need to be aware that you may have been exposed to only prints from 1 or 2 African countries in the specific country you do reside. I live in Toronto, Canada and here you tend to find prints from either Nigeria or Ghana. Prints from other African countries can be found but you really have to look for them. Do not be afraid to ask the seller the provenance of a print you are interested in purchasing from them. The more you familiarize yourself with prints; the more you will develop your own taste for it. You might even have a particular preference for a specific country print.
Hope this post help you
Please comment below your feedbacks, comments, questions are greatly appreciated.